Enjoy five-star accommodations at each of Amankora
Raven Tours and Treks is a licensed tour operator registered in Bhutan. The following Terms and Conditions apply to any travel packages, accommodation, activities, and transportation arranged by the company. By booking with Raven Tours and Treks, you acknowledge both receipt and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Further, you warrant that you have the authority to enter into such an agreement on behalf of both yourself and any other individuals included in your booking. This is to be considered a legally binding agreement which applies to all travelers in your party.
Within this document, the terms “trip,” “travel,” “package,” “itinerary,” and “arrangement” are to be considered synonymous and refer to any travel arrangements made with Raven Tours and Treks. The term “traveler” refers to you and any other individuals included in your party. The term “company” refers to Raven Tours and Treks.
- Prices quoted by Raven Tours and Treks are comprehensive travel packages which include the following: visa processing, all transportation within Bhutan, the services of an English-speaking guide and driver, accommodation in hotels rated three stars or higher, all prearranged activities, park entry fees, trekking permits, trekking supplies, three meals per day except where otherwise indicated, sustainable development fees, and any applicable taxes and surcharges. Prices quoted by Raven Tours and Treks do not include the following: alcoholic beverages, unplanned activities, lunch and dinner on the day of departure, any additional meals or beverages, and any products or goods purchased within Bhutan.
- When your travel package is booked with Raven Tours and Treks, you are required to remit 50% of the total cost of your trip and a copy of your passport. This allows us to secure your travel arrangements and begin processing your visa and any necessary flights. The balance of your trip will be due 30 days before commencement of the itinerary. Refer to our Modes of Payment for further information regarding accepted payment methods.
- In the event that you cancel your travel reservations for any reason voluntary or involuntary, cancellation fees will be incurred according to the following schedule. If your reservation is cancelled 45 days or more before the trip begins, there will be no charge. If your reservation is cancelled 40 days before the trip begins, 10% of the total cost will be incurred as a cancellation fee. If your reservation is cancelled 30 days before the trip begins, 15% of the total cost will be incurred as a cancellation fee. If your reservation is cancelled 20 days before the trip begins, 30% of the total cost will be incurred as a cancellation fee. If your reservation is cancelled 15 days or fewer before the trip begins, 50% of the total cost will be incurred as a cancellation fee. If your reservation is cancelled after arriving in Bhutan, 100% of the total cost will be incurred as a cancellation fee, and there will be no refund.
- Raven Tours and Treks exercises sole control and discretion over its operations and asserts the right to subcontract any of its services to third-party service providers. This includes but is not limited to providers of accommodations, activities, and transportation. Raven Tours and Treks is not to be held responsible for any negligence or failures on the behalf of these third parties which operate outside the company’s control.
- Raven Tours and Treks reserves the right to cancel your travel arrangements or make alterations to your itinerary at any time. Such alterations may be made with consideration to weather events, trail conditions, political circumstances, security matters, road closures, airline disruptions, and other scenarios not within the control of Raven Tours and Treks. Where possible, the company will attempt to replace the canceled or altered arrangement with an alternative of a similar standard. Any such alterations to your itinerary which are outside the company’s control may result in additional nonnegotiable charges to you.
- As the traveler, you are solely responsible for obtaining any necessary medical exams, vaccinations, or medications required for traveling to and within the country of Bhutan. Raven Tours and Treks accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, if your trip is cancelled or delayed as a result of your failure to secure necessary medical attention before your trip begins.
- As the traveler, you acknowledge that certain activities booked with Raven Tours and Treks carry an element of inherent risk. These activities include but are not limited to trekking, hiking, bicycling, whitewater rafting, and traveling by automobile and airplane. To the maximum extent of the law, you assume all responsibility associated with these risks and agree that Raven Tours and Treks is not liable for accidental injury, illness, death, or damage to personal property.
- Raven Tours and Treks strives to minimize these risks and will not arrange your participation in any activities or tours which the company considers to be hazardous or which are restricted by law. In the event that you engage in these activities or tours without the agency’s consent, the agency will not be held responsible for any injury, illness, death, damages, legal repercussions, or other consequences incurred by your actions.
- As the traveler, you assume sole responsibility for your personal property at all times. In the event that your passport, money, or any other valuables are stolen or are found to be missing during your itinerary, Raven Tours and Treks will not be held responsible. The agency will make every reasonable effort to assist you in filing police reports and connecting with the consulate of your country of origin, but will not be held responsible for any additional charges or costs incurred as a result of your loss.
- As the traveler, you are solely responsible for obtaining travel insurance to cover the cost of medical treatment, repatriation, and emergency rescue operations. You are required to carry proof of such insurance during the entirety of the arrangements provided by Raven Tours and Treks. Failure to obtain travel insurance may result in the alteration or cancellation of your itinerary without refund.
- As the traveler, you are responsible for bringing and carrying a valid passport throughout your itinerary. Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond the conclusion of your itinerary. You are also responsible for carrying a copy of your electronic visa and any tickets issued by Raven Tours and Treks. These will be provided to you in advance of your travel.
If your travel itinerary includes transportation by airline, your flights are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline operating them. This form of transportation is also subject to local and international law which may impose limitations upon airline liability in the event of injury, delay, and damage to personal property.